Glossary of Firework Effects
Most fireworks use sequences and combinations of different effects.
Click on the effect name to play the video or see the
height comparison table for
the different types of fireworks.
- Expanding sphere of stars looks best in gold, similar to Willow, Palm.
- A small shell effect within a cake or candle. Can be a variety of effects.
- A sound effect made from many small bangs.
- TAILED COMET
- A comet that has a tail of crackling effects following it.
- A coloured star which splits into four or five other coloured stars
and forms a cross.
- DOUBLE BREAK
- A rocket that bursts twice normally with different effects.
- DRAGONS EGGS
- A gold or silver breaking effect that ends in crackles or strobes.
- A wiggling effect sometimes accompanied by screeches and whistles.
- An effect that hangs and trails in the air, often strobing or twinkling. Used in finales.
- A cascading, created with gold or silver coloured sparks. Fireworks creating this effect in several directions cause a "palm tree" pattern.
- An expanding sphere of stars.
- The central part of a Peony can be different shapes and colours.
- RING EFFECT
- An expanding ring effect created with multiple stars.
- Report a loud bang.
- A rapid sequence of effects or fireworks.
- An effect that spins with sparks usually silver with noise or give off coloured stars.
- A glowing star any colour, and breaks into a another effect.
- An effect that flickers or flashes, strobing.
- TITANIUM SALUTE
- A very loud bang (salute) with a bright flash (titanium).
- A star with an erratic flight which creates a spiralling glitter effect
- A sound effect like a whistle. Some products have multi-tone whistles.
- WILLOW EFFECT
- An effect which hangs in the air for a long time usually in silver or gold. Similar to a palm tree effect.